We’d like to start preparing your 2023 financial statements and tax return and need information from you.
To accurately calculate your taxes, we need to have details of every single transaction involving buying, selling, swapping, earning/staking, gifting, airdrops, ICOs and margin/futures trading
We’d like to ensure we have all information (and identify any missing parts) before commencing your work. This will provide us with an overview of what to expect, to ensure your work is complete and accurate.
If you have not already done so, please complete a stock take of all tokens held today and email us the quantities of each token you own.
Can you please complete the checklist below and email it to us with a copy of your 2023 information?
Cryptocurrency Client Checklist
- Can you provide a list of the quantities of each token you owned on 31 March 2023? Yes or No
- Please list all the exchanges that you have used:
- Have you provided APIs and CSV files of every exchange used (where possible) Instructions Here? If not, please elaborate.
*specific instructions for Binance, Kucoin (API PASSPHRASE: cointracking), Crypto.com, CEX.io, Bittrex and others must be followed
- Are you unable to access or provide transaction history for any exchange or wallet? Yes or No? *Such as FTX or Cryptopia
- Have you used decentralized exchanges (Uniswap, dYdX, 1inch…ect) if so, have you provided your wallet address and corresponding chains? (e.g. ETH, BSC, SOL…ect)
- Have you used crypto wallet (such as Exodus, Ledger, Trezor) if so, have you provided exports for this with reference to the attached .pdf instructions?
- Have you used a collateral finance position or borrowed crypto (e.g. on Celsius, BlockFi) in any capacity? if yes, have you provided details of this?
- Did you participate in any earning, staking, liquidity pools or interest-earning activity and if so, have you provided details of this?
- Did you participate in any Futures trading or margin trading and if so, have you provided details of this?
- Do you have any other income (apart from PAYE earnings) that needs to be included in your income tax return and have you provided details of this?
- Please provide your phone number
- Do you have any other information or comments that you think would make our job easier? This may include missing exchange information (no longer available), gifts of crypto, lost/stolen tokens, ICO’s, etc. We need to account for all tokens. If tokens are missing in your transaction history, or you have no records of the acquisition or disposal of tokens, this is likely to create time delays, issues in reconciling your portfolio, and the potential for increased accounting fees.
Once we have this information from you, we can then start processing your work. The earlier you provide the information to us, the earlier we can get started.
If you need any help in preparing this information please get in touch with Tim or Luca.
Contact Tim Doyle for a call or meeting to discuss any cryptocurrency tax or accounting questions. Our office is in Cambridge, Waikato, or we can arrange a video conference call.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.