Are you moving to NZ with cryptocurrency?
Do you want 4 years NZ tax exemption of foreign income after arriving in NZ?
You may have a once in a lifetime opportunity to structure, plan, and utilize a temporary foreign tax exemption on cryptocurrency gains.
There is a certain criterion you must meet to qualify as a transitional tax resident. Provided you qualify, your cryptocurrency activity (and gains) must fall into a specific part of the Income Tax Act.
If you are a new migrant thinking about moving to New Zealand, or a New Zealander returning home, after being away for more than 10 years, you may qualify.
If you have four years tax free income from cryptocurrency in New Zealand. This could save you literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax.
We have launched a cryptocurrency tax learning course transitional tax residents. This includes all the details about transitional tax residency, the temporary foreign tax exemption, and their application to cryptocurrency.
We have previously published some free information on this exemption. Although the same general principles apply, some of this earlier article is now out of date. Further information, clarification based on our discussions with IRD, application to cryptocurrency and our experience and learnings over the past 3 years have resulted in us updating this information, breaking it down into easy steps to follow, and packaging into a learning course.
The course covers:
- Who qualifies for transitional tax residency and the temporary foreign tax exemption, including what criteria you must meet?
- What types of cryptocurrency income is exempt from tax in New Zealand under the temporary foreign tax exemption?
- How to buy, sell and exchange cryptocurrency to ensure you meet the temporary foreign tax exemption and receive tax free gains in New Zealand.
- Lots of practical, real-life examples to utilize the temporary foreign tax exemption. Including those situations that are still subject to tax in NZ.
- What happens to your cryptocurrency at the end of the 4-year tax exemption period and how do you transition to ordinary NZ tax rules.
- An overview of the NZ tax system regarding cryptocurrency for after the transitional tax residency period.
The course includes:
- A 60-minute webinar recording which covers the above topics in detail (you can watch this as many times as needed)
- Slides to the webinars
- A 14-page white paper report outlining everything about transitional tax residency, the temporary foreign tax exemption, and its application to cryptocurrency taxes in NZ.
- A follow-up 15-minute phone call with a director of Evans Doyle, to ask any follow-up questions you may have.
- Click the buy now below to get started
- The cost is $497 which is paid via PayPal (or you can pay via BTC or ETH – please email us for payment details if you prefer to pay in crypto).
- After your payment is received, you will have immediate access to the course
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.